Economic Change has been busy working with a group of organisations in East Sussex, to help them tackle local unemployment.
Since February, we took on a project management role on an Our Place DCLG Funded project, called Into Work Partnership, and supported multiple stakeholders to define their vision and approach towards tackling unemployment in the local area.
We have specifically:
- Designed a Theory of Change Model for Tackling Unemployment in the area
- Developed a theoretical CBA Model ready for application.
- Prepared applications to the DCLG Our Place programme.
- Undertaken facilitator and project management role to deliver Our Place objectives.
- Facilitated the a partnership and write-up of the proposal for a East Sussex wide proposal to the DWP Youth Engagement Fund.
- Undertook research to identify best practice examples demonstrating evidence of impact within the local community.
- Approached and presented to social investors to secure investment for the YEF Social Impact Bond Proposal.
- Out of 120 Our Place Applications, the Our Place Application was nominated as one of 20 applications which was seen as Breaking New Ground and received the maximum value of financial and in-kind support.
- Supported community consultation activities to determine and present stakeholder priorities to the public sector funding bodies.
- Facilitated a new consortium to submit a £3m proposal to DWP for the Youth Engagement Fund Social Impact Bond, which successfully progressed to PQQ and proposal stage.
- Approached social investors, securing letters of intent from two social investors for the YEF Proposal, with financial modelling support from Numbers4Good. We were delighted to move forward with Bridges Ventures on this occasion.
The Into Work Partnership is to be launched in March 2015 and we are awaiting the outcome of the YEF proposal in February 2015.