Public sector commissioners and grant makers are increasingly expecting delivery organisations to have good quality, secure management systems in place for recording stakeholder contact data, interactions and outcomes. This approach helps to aid transparency, accountability and assurance for the funder.
Good management teams should aspire to reduce administration and have a real-time overview of performance via a centralised management information system that makes it easier for staff to co-ordinate, managers to manage, and customers to receive the best possible service.
One of the biggest challenges for many organisations is developing an integrated management solution for co-ordinating different business functions:
- Communication and marketing strategies to track referrals and leads.
- Client journeys, to track progress of client relationships, communication, intervention, outputs and outcomes.
- Project management and team co-ordination allocating and tracking task completion.
- Monitoring and reporting against contracts, tracking outputs, outcomes and financial reporting.
We regularly hear that data gathered spans spreadsheets, emails, e-marketing tools, archived databases etc. which can lead to an administration nightmare when assessing contract performance on a real-time basis and compiling monthly or quarterly reports.
We implement Salesforce CRM, a global cloud-based solution, for organisations to capture data and monitor projects funded by EDRF, DCLG, DWP, BERR, SFA, LEGI, ESF, Cabinet Office, The Big Lottery, Dfes, amongst others. Our team have direct experience of managing public contracts and grants ourselves, so we understand the needs and requirements.
As a result of implementing new systems and processes our clients report:-
- Reduced administrative and overhead costs
- Ability to meet quality standards of stakeholders and contractors
- Easy to measure and report on key performance indicators
- Easy to manage, support and oversee team working and performance
- Ability to secure funding as a result of improved working practices
To achieve the best outcome you may select one system or integrate one or more systems together to achieve your requirements. For example Salesforce CRM integrates with a wide range of applications from e-marketing tools, survey tools, online payment/donation tools, to event management registration, which allows information and contacts to be updated and shared intelligently reducing the need for duplicate entry or dis-jointed communication.
During the planning and design process it is worth exploring your options to find the best system(s) suited for your organisation.
We specialise in Salesforce CRM, as it offers free and discounted licenses for non-profits via the Salesforce Foundation, making a corporate solution available at an affordable price.
Attend our ‘Developing a Management System Masterclass’ on the 12th February 2015 https://www.economicchange.co.uk/training-sessions/
This snippet is from our E-Guide – ‘Developing your Management Systems’ – Download it here