The Selby Trust was set up as a charity in 1992 by local people who recognised the need for a multi-purpose centre led by the community and third sector organisations. With a 25 year lease from the London Borough of Haringey. The site is 150,000 square feet, with offices, meeting rooms, training facilities, sports and events halls and a large car park.
Selby Centre, which is located in an area of high deprivation, brings together a rich mix of individuals and organisations, primarily from BME, refugee and other historically excluded communities in Tottenham, Haringey, North London and beyond.
The Selby Trust has 5 inter-related functions:
- Community Facilities Management – Maintaining the centre as a community facility which reaches over 100 enterprises and attracts 1500 individuals on a regular basis
- Community Development Centre – Bringing grass roots partnerships and consortia together in a rich mix of cutting edge services that challenge poverty, injustice and inequality
- Community Economic Development – Achieving sustainability through social enterprise that promote growth in the local economy whilst serving social and environmental function
- Community Safety – Encourage safer neighbourhoods with less violence, anti-social behaviour and better life chances for young people, women, offenders and ex-offenders
- Community Environmental Development – Greening the Selby Centre by creating a diverse, low carbon community as a model of good practice
How we supported the Selby Trust
The team at The Selby Trust wanted to move away from paper files and spreadsheets and implement a database using Salesforce CRM to manage communication and activities with it’s range of stakeholders and to measure impact real-time. The Economic Change team worked with the team to design and implement the CRM to manage tenants, venue hire, volunteers, business support to third sector organisations and front-line support services to disadvantage groups.
The system now enables the team to manage and track daily communication, tasks and activities with stakeholders as well as monitor their outputs and outcomes for impact measurement real-time.
What the client says..
‘Economic Change have taken our information and helped us transform it into a system. This will hold us in good stead for the future and enable us to capture our impact. We are getting more excited about Salesforce and its already changing how we work.’