Local community organisations may have acquired a local asset on a sole-ownership, community asset transfer or lease basis. These assets can be invaluable to the commercial viability of their organisation, as the space can offer a number of opportunities for developing trading services to generate income:
Some of the ideas that organisations have developed include:
- A creche or nursery business
- Internal event and meeting room space to local groups and residents
- Residential or commercial tenant space
- Green space to deliver events and conferences
- Sports and leisure facilities
If you are keen to undertake a feasibility study, business plan and secure investment to maximise the use of a community asset, you may be eligible and able to apply for a grant from either Power to Change or Big Potential to help kick start the process.
At Economic Change, we have supported a number of community-led organisations with[checklist type=”eg. checked, dotted, arrowed”]
- Feasibility studies
- Business planning
- Social impact measurement
- CRM Management systems using Salesforce
- Raising investment
If you would like support from our team then please contact us about our services.