Garden House Hospice have scaled their volunteer management with the help of Salesforce
Garden House Hospice offers personalised and compassionate palliative end of life care for those in need following a diagnosis of a life limiting illness. It’s Compassionate Neighbours project offers social and emotional support along with providing a wide range of free services to patients, their carers and families in the community. They have supported over 230,000 people.
- They had no centralised system to manage data
- Volunteer applications, member registrations and the feedback process was handled manually inviting people to complete word document forms. The process was slow over 4-6 weeks.
- Data was then transferred and managed over multiple spreadsheets
- There was no standard process to manage the match between the Volunteer and the Member.
- The administration time required for accurate reporting resulted in long admin hours.
Garden House Hospice benefited from our Small Charity Discount Package.
- We implemented Salesforce CRM with NPSP, which was used to store all contacts and their engagements.
- Custom objects gave them ability to match and track the relationship between a Volunteer and Community Members.
- It was mobile friendly, due to customising the page profiles and creating a custom object app to deploy using tablets which allowed live data access on the go.
- Use of third-party online form tool, Form Assembly, simplified and enhanced the application, referral and feedback process.
- We customised Reports and Dashboards to collate, analyse and report on new applications, service delivery and measure impact.
- Having one centralized system has transformed their working pattern.
- A lot of tasks are now automated, which has reduced their workload
- Time saved has enabled them to support more members.
- Staff are confident in using new technology
- Impact Reporting – No more excel sheets, now have a clear and up to date Dashboards
Currently the charity has 250 volunteers on the Compassionate Neighbours Project but with Salesforce they intend to bring up to 700 volunteers onto the system
80-90% of staff functionality is on the system so there is room to use it more but uptake has been significant because of the lockdowns which need people to work remotely.
Being able to have meetings and knowing that data is up to date – from a pandemic response view has been a lifesaver!
GDPR compliance is also very reassuring as they are no longer worried about losing paperwork. Its peace of mind to know that everyone is compliant
Improve your Volunteer and Programme Management
Interested in a similar project? Get started today