Customer Stories > The Shaw Trust
Shaw Trust is a charity helping to transform the lives of young people and adults across the UK and internationally. Their specialist services help people gain an education, enter work, develop their career, improve their wellbeing or rebuild their lives. The charity focuses on; Employability; Learning and Skills; Justice; Children’s Services; Education; Charitable services and enterprise; Community health and wellbeing.
- Data being recorded via Excel or spread over 18 systems, which led
- inefficient working practices
- frequent corruption of data
- very limited and/or time consuming reporting, piecing data together from various spread sheets.
- Needed a volunteer management system that would track what volunteers were doing, when, how and what impact they were having.
- Desire to increase the engagement between volunteers, who were often working independently. The Shaw volunteers to connect with each other.
- Data security was tight due to requirements of government contracts. Shaw Trust wanted a secure platform to hold all their volunteer data but also one that had the flexibility to be used by multiple staff across the organisation and Lead Volunteers.
- Robust volunteer management utilizing the Volunteers4Salesforce architecture structure for volunteer applications through to delivery management. This included an online booking system for volunteer appointments.
- A combination of Community Cloud and Chatter allowed Shaw Trust to create an online space for individual and corporate volunteers to log in securely and manage rota management, their availability, outputs and outcomes of delivery with the Shaw Trust.
- Salesforce’s reporting and dashboard functionality allowed Shaw Trust to finally demonstrate the impact their volunteers were having.
- Security and sharing rules ensure that the right people have access to the right information to collaborate and support clients.
After introducing Salesforce;
- Volunteer base increased by 31% over 12 months. Investment in Salesforce system and robust processes it enabled. Provided the confidence and time within the organisation to manage an increase in volunteers.
- Ability to confidently track and measure impact of 1,400 volunteers providing 150,000 hours of support for the first time. Can now report on the success of each meeting a volunteer has with one of Shaw Trust’s clients.
- Reduced e-mails and newsletters to volunteers as information disseminated through Community Cloud and Chatter groups.
- Improved efficiency and team co-ordination through reduced administration.
- Improved Compliance performance with external auditors, due to capture and tracking of all interactions.
- Increased volunteer morale and retention with introduction of their own online community.