Customer Stories > TASC
TASC is an independent think-tank whose mission is to address inequality and sustain democracy by translating analysis into action.
TASC’s main objectives are promoting education for the public benefit, encouraging a more participative and inclusive society and promoting and publishing research for public benefit.
TASC were looking for a CRM which would enable them to manage all their contacts in one central place which meant integrating Salesforce with Eventbrite and Mailchimp. They also wanted to tool to support them with their fundraising and project management.
- A need to improve and co-ordinate management of relationships and communications with contacts due to data being kept in different systems.
- Not being able to scale up fundraising without the right tools to support the fundraising team. No central view of fundraising for reporting purposes.
- Unable to easily categorise contacts and access contact details.
- To better track media engagements and report on this activity for the Board and for the annual reports.
- To improve monitoring against fundraising KPIs, especially donations and grant management for management visibility and reporting.
- To centralise project management for the team.
TASC benefited from our Small Charity Discount Package.
- We harnessed the power of the Non Profit Cloud NPSP and customised account, contact types, opportunities and payments.
- We integrated Mailchimp with Salesforce using Zapier
- We integrated Eventbrite with Salesforce using Zapier and the Salesforce Labs Events App.
- We created custom objects for project management and media engagement.
- We set up reports and dashboards for grants, donations, projects and media engagements
“We engaged Economic Change to manage our Salesforce implementation in June 2020. We are now in September 2020 and we have an excellent platform to manage many of our internal and external tasks.
The initial scoping sessions were very valuable and really got into the detail of our organisation and what we needed from a new CRM system.
Due to COVID-19 we had to decide to go with a remote build and training option. We were initially a little concerned about this but it was absolutely fine. The online training sessions were recorded for future use. We also received bespoke training recordings on our TASC Salesforce platform which we are delighted to have and use for future staff training.
We found Economic Change personnel to be very professional and polite in person online and with all email communications. I felt very comfortable with the knowledge and expertise within Economic Change to manage our Salesforce build. All online sessions were scheduled well in advance and started punctual with a clear agenda and structure.
Our project manager from Economic Change was not initially familiar with some of the integration software we required but soon networked to get all the necessary options for us in a cost effective manner.
We found the pace of the installation and build worked well with our current workload. The administrator at TASC managed to balance their workload with the Salesforce build spread over the three month implementation period.
Having considered a number of organisations to complete our Salesforce implementation we are delighted with our choice. Economic Change were very competitive in price and also in their ability to begin the project almost immediately. This really helped TASC as the summer months are generally quieter and therefore we could get going with the project straight away.
Economic Change were also willing to show us sample platforms from previous builds they had completed which gave us confidence in their ability and expertise.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Economic Change as a Salesforce Implementation Partner.
Thank you from everyone at TASC.”
- In terms of contact management, Salesforce has allowed TASC to manage and build significantly on their subscription list both through a more inclusive sign up process on the website and because through the Eventbrite integration, people can sign up for newsletters when registering for events
- Overall contact management has improved with a really trustworthy system for GDPR and the changes in charity governance structure that are coming in will be less challenging because of the improved data collection processes.
- There is a much better 360 degree view of contacts including how they are interacting with the charity through donations and attending of events.
- Being able to add donation data to contact records enables the charity to see who is really connecting and supporting the charity.
- Management and reporting on Research projects is significantly more streamlined and reduces administration time when trying to track down who has done what with regards to a project.
- Management of grant applications is being kept on track with simple solutions like reminders for close dates.
- Generally with fundraising – having all the data in one place makes for very easy reporting as it is all in the system and up to date. Tracking pipelines to be used in committee reports makes life a lot easier and the charity can see great potential going forward
- The whole team is generally positive about the new system. Its easy to use and they can see the benefits
- +300 subscribers which for a small charity is a significant leap