Customer Stories > International Youth Foundation
For more than 25 years, and with a global network of 500 partners across 90 countries, IYF has led and sustained coordinated action to harness the talent and potential of the world’s youth, now numbering 1.2 billion. At the heart of their efforts is building partnerships, initiatives, and curricula that prepare young men and women to succeed as citizens, employees, entrepreneurs, and change-makers.
- Main driver for change was the decision made to track all the organisational activity and outcomes at the individual beneficiary level, rather than at the programme level. This required a step change in the granularity of the data being collected, stored, analysed and reported.
- IYF were also concerned that they had no way to share knowledge across their global organisation, whether this was information on current programmes and their performance or the best practice learnings from successful delivery of projects on the ground.
- Business Development teams were struggling with an inability to collectively track the progress of their proposals and monitor their win rates. In essence there was no single tracking and analysis mechanism for the BD operation. Little contact management meant staff around the world didn’t know who was talking to who, missing opportunities for collaboration and joint approaches.
- We implemented and customised our Programme Management Solution alongside Form Assembly, a third party app within Salesforce to manage programmes from start to finish as well as track impact at an individual, cohort and programme level.
- We implemented NPSP to enable them to manage their business development pipeline efforts as a team.
- They implemented a third party app Mission Control to manage internal project teams and task allocation.
- Salesforce’s cloud-based system, together with the creation of open security settings, provides everyone with access to all contacts.
- Use of Activities combined with the implementation of Salesforce for Outlook has enable the capture of all conversations with stakeholders and made this information available to every user in IYF.
- Integration of mailchimp to manage e-marketing efforts and align with contacts in the CRM.
“The implementation of Salesforce has invigorated IYF, we’re now a more open, more connected and more engaged organisation. We’re still very much at the start of our journey, but are extremely excited by the granularity of data now available to us and the opportunities this brings.”
Director, Monitoring,Evaluation & Learning
- Greater transparency and access to data that Salesforce has made possible enhanced the way IYF works collectively.
- Improved tracking of projects and programmes across the organisation
- Better visibility of information making the organisation more efficient; employees now self serve, accessing the data themselves rather than e-mail colleagues to ask questions.
- More effective Business Development process with enhanced ability to spot new opportunities then track / manage these through the sales process.
- Huge efficiencies generated by managing international events with Salesforce and third party event apps.
- Improved reporting of outcomes, not only internally but shared with funders and sponsors of each programme.