Customer Stories > Patients Association
The Patients Association is an independent patient charity campaigning for improvements in health and social care for patients.
They were using the Salesforce Service Cloud with out of the box configuration to manage their helpline. They saw a strategic opportunity to implement the system across the organisation with the help of Economic Change.
- The existing Salesforce setup wasn’t meeting the needs of the organisation, leading to a strategic decision to make better use of the system.
- Staff turnover had created organisational memory loss so a system was needed to help develop this and increase efficiency and accuracy of data.
- Data for fundraising, membership and projects was in multiple spreadsheets making reporting complex and time consuming.
Implement Non Profit Support Package
- Create one place to hold contact information
- Manage fundraising, donations, project work and memberships
Customise Service Cloud
- Implement email to case.
- Deploy Web to Case, and Assignment Queues to efficiently turnaround cases and action them to a high standard with the helpline staff members expertise and nurture relationship management.
- Create custom objects to support helpline staff in resolving cases
Create Training Materials
- Train users and develop user guides and training tools
- Introduce users to Trailhead
“Martin at Economic Change taught us to fish so we could become self-sustaining. I fell in love with Salesforce and was fascinated. I found Trailhead and armed with the knowledge I gained I’ve been able to continue to grow the system, implementing web-to-case, live chat, queues, email to case, and more”
Abduallah Mahmood, Salesforce Administrator
- Usage increased from just four helpline users to over 10, and now all, staff.
- Simplified reporting – no more pivot tables in spreadsheets, now clear and up to date Dashboards.
- Mobile access to facts and figures when in meetings.
- GDPR compliance attained.
- Recent Health check run and meeting industry standards for security.
- The Patients Association now have an internal System Admin who is continuing to develop the system to meet the needs of the organisation